(WAVY) — Inclement weather and flooding from Sally expected through Friday has caused some changes for school Friday.
Portsmouth schools’ in-person learning for students has been canceled for Friday. It will also be a “flipped learning day,” meaning students will not have to log in for live instruction.
Instead, those students will need to work independently to complete assignments and projects.
Families with any questions in Portsmouth can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
School buildings will remain open.
Meanwhile, in Norfolk, virtual learning will continue as-scheduled.
However, school buildings will open on a two-hour delay Friday. The delay only applies to staff who physically report to schools and facilities.
- Portsmouth mayoral candidates continue to spread message across the city
- DOJ announces national police training center to help reduce excessive force
- Pink’s husband shares why he’s teaching his 3- and 9-year-old children to handle firearms
- How states are planning for coronavirus vaccine distribution
- Despite early voting, state law could see Election Day results delayed