HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) – Heavy rain overnight into Friday morning caused street flooding across the WAVY viewing area. Super Doppler 10 Meteorologist Jeremy Wheeler said the good news is the rainfall and flooding happened during low tide or he said it would have been much worse.
The National Weather Service issued a flood warning until 12:15 p.m. Friday.
Cities across Hampton Roads reported street closures because of the flooding. 10 On Your Side viewers shared some photos and videos of what they were seeing in their city.
For more on the forecast, click here, or tune in live to watch Jeremy Wheeler’s full forecast.
- Closings and Delays
- Weather Alerts
- Super Doppler 10 Forecast
- Weather Blogs
- Live Interactive Radar
- Download the WAVY Weather App
- DOJ announces national police training center to help reduce excessive force
- Pink’s husband shares why he’s teaching his 3- and 9-year-old children to handle firearms
- How states are planning for coronavirus vaccine distribution
- Despite early voting, state law could see Election Day results delayed
- 46-year-old man charged with stabbing 2 teens outside Chesterfield middle school