HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) – Heavy rain overnight into Friday morning caused street flooding across the WAVY viewing area. Super Doppler 10 Meteorologist Jeremy Wheeler said the good news is the rainfall and flooding happened during low tide or he said it would have been much worse.
The National Weather Service issued a flood warning until 12:15 p.m. Friday.
Cities across Hampton Roads reported street closures because of the flooding. 10 On Your Side viewers shared some photos and videos of what they were seeing in their city.
For more on the forecast, click here, or tune in live to watch Jeremy Wheeler’s full forecast.
- Closings and Delays
- Weather Alerts
- Super Doppler 10 Forecast
- Weather Blogs
- Live Interactive Radar
- Download the WAVY Weather App
- Military barbers strike at Fort Lee, calling for higher wages
- Food truck offering free meals to Richmond residents using locally grown food
- Photos: MyKayla Skinner takes silver on vault
- Blog: Start of a Rain Filled Week
- Few weekend visitors to James River as crews clear thousands of gallons of sewage near burst pipeline