HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) – Heavy rain overnight into Friday morning caused street flooding across the WAVY viewing area. Super Doppler 10 Meteorologist Jeremy Wheeler said the good news is the rainfall and flooding happened during low tide or he said it would have been much worse.
The National Weather Service issued a flood warning until 12:15 p.m. Friday.
Cities across Hampton Roads reported street closures because of the flooding. 10 On Your Side viewers shared some photos and videos of what they were seeing in their city.
For more on the forecast, click here, or tune in live to watch Jeremy Wheeler’s full forecast.
- Closings and Delays
- Weather Alerts
- Super Doppler 10 Forecast
- Weather Blogs
- Live Interactive Radar
- Download the WAVY Weather App
- Grand jury to consider murder charge against suspended Virginia Tech football player
- Chesapeake student charged with malicious wounding after assault of teacher’s assistant
- Blog: Cool & Windy Today. Nor’easter Slams The Northeast.
- Person jumps off West Norfolk Bridge after pursuit, 2 others arrested
- Chappelle says he’s willing to meet with trans groups, ‘not bending to anybody’s demands’