Officials say teams are staying connected through video conferencing and are meeting regularly with other agencies such as the National Weather Service and National Guard. Teams have been planning for an emergency like this since the COVID-19 pandemic began back in March.
Teams have also done ‘tabletop exercises’ over the past weeks to prepare.
The agency has released an emergency kit to help you better prepare during a pandemic.
Tracking the Tropics
- Remembering Hurricane Gloria: 35 years later
- Skanska: 22 barges washed ashore during Sally, 12 onto private property in Pensacola
- Hurricane Sally reveals ship submerged for decades
- Tracking the Tropics: Beta brings heavy rain, flash floods to Texas
- Dolphin rescued from pond after being trapped by Hurricane Sally storm surge