(WAVY) — Heavy rains impacted Hampton Roads Tuesday evening, bringing flooding to Norfolk and Virginia Beach.
WAVY Meteorologist Casey Lehecka says between Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Portsmouth, many areas saw 2 to 3 inches of rain in less than two hours.
There was a flash flood warning for Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake and Portsmouth issued by the National Weather Service.
Send your weather photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exclusive: A monumental decision for the interim Portsmouth city manager
- Over 60 Virginia entities issue joint statement urging Commonwealth to get flu shot; Lyft to give ride credits
- Business in Norfolk surprises an employee with an SUV
- Williamsburg to host 3-day ‘Grand Illumination’ free holiday event, reservations open next week
- Courageous Conversations: Inclusion and diversity in the Navy