NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — With Hurricane Florence forecast to make landfall sometime late Thursday evening into Friday along the southeast coast, different modes of transportation will be affected.
Flight cancellations and other suspended services are to be expected from the impact of the storm. If you’re looking for a list of city garages open for the storm, click here.
Here are all the changes that affect transportation to and from the region:
- Allegiant Air has canceled all flights to/from ORF on Friday, Sept. 14. They will resume on Monday, Sept. 17.
- Southwest Airlines has canceled all flights to/from ORF on Thursday and Friday, Sept.13 and 14. They have select cancellations for Saturday, Sept. 15.
- American Airlines, Delta and United have canceled select flights to/from ORF. Check your flight online.
- Fly Frontier flights to/from ORF are canceled until Sunday, Sept. 16.
- American Airlines last flight leaving PHF will be at 3:49 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 13. All American Airline flights for PHF on Friday, Sept. 14 are canceled.
Hampton Roads Transit Services
- Bus service will be suspended on Thursday, Sept. 13 until Sunday, Sept. 16.
- On Wednesday, Sept. 12, there will be free bus fare for all riders.
- Ferry and light rail service will be suspended on Wednesday, Sept. 12 until Sunday, Sept. 16.
- N.C. Highway 12 south of Oregon Inlet is closed due to the ocean overwash making the road impassible.
- The Wright Memorial Bridge will close at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday to all southbound traffic on Highway 158. Only emergency vehicles and those with a Critical Needs Pass or a Priority One Pass issued by Dare County Emergency Management will be allowed to cross.
- All HOV restrictions have been lifted on interstates in Hampton Roads until further notice, including tolls on the Interstate 64 Express Lanes.
- Tolls are suspended on the Route 168 Chesapeake Expressway until Monday, Sept. 17 at 6 a.m. Tolls were also been lifted for the George P. Coleman Bridge in York County and Gloucester.
- The Drive ERT Customer Care Center will be closed on Friday, Sept. 14 and Saturday, Sept. 15.
North Carolina Ferry System
- The last ferry leaving Ocracoke Island was at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday. Services are suspended until further notice.
Suffolk Transit Services
- Suffolk transit services stopped on Friday, Sept. 14.
- The Jamestown-Scotland Ferry will only run the Pocahontas starting at 9 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 13 through Sunday, Sept. 16. Complete suspension of ferry service is possible during the estimated high tide times including Friday, Sept. 15 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday, Sept. 16 from 4 a.m. to 5 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- General VDOT Info: Go to 511Virginia.org , download their mobile app or call 511 for the latest information. You can also follow them on Twitter (@VaDOT @VaDOTHR @511HamptonRoads) and Facebook.
- To report downed trees or other hazardous road conditions to VDOT, go to my.vdot.virginia.gov or call VDOT’s Customer Service Center at 1 (800) 367-7623.
- Hampton Roads Transit website