WILMINGTON, N.C. (NBC) - Hurricane Florence slowly made her way toward Wilmington, North Carolina causing significant damage.
Florence made her mark on a gas station near one of the main roads in Wilmington, blowing off the awning.
The storm made landfall at 7:15 a.m. Friday morning near Wrightsville Beach as a Category One storm.
North Carolina TV station evacuates
Venomous snakes could spread across N.C.
- 12-year-old boy dies after being hit by a car in Norfolk
- Student accused of making threats towards Landstown H.S.
- 13-year-old charged after threatening Rosemont Middle School
- 10 On Your Side Hurricane Florence Relief Drive
- Norfolk police officer transferred to hospital in northern Va.
- Va. Beach man concerned about excessive goose poop in his neighborhood
- Dam breach at Duke Energy plant; coal ash could spill
Virginia Beach Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.