Today: Fair skies. Highs will be near 90. Winds West 5-10mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear. Lows will be in the low-mid 70s. Winds South 5-10mph.
Tomorrow: Partly cloudy. Stray pm shower. Highs will be in the low 90s. Winds South 5-10mph.
Today we have a stationary front at the surface that is falling apart. We also have the upper level low moving out. High pressure is moving in. So we'll see quieter weather over the next couple of days. No rain is expected today. Only a stray shower possible tomorrow. High temps will be near 90 or in the low 90s. So temps will start heating up. We'll heat up even more on Friday. Plus, the humidity will rise. This could kick off a few afternoon showers and/or thunderstorms. The heat index will be over 100. We'll still be hot and humid on Saturday with a few pm showers/storms. Then a cool front will move into the region on Sunday. This will bring us a slightly higher chance for rain.
There is a tropical disturbance in the central Atlantic that has an increased chance for development today. It will probably become a subtropical system either today or tomorrow. However, it will likely stay out to sea, and it shouldn't last too long. Stay tuned for updates.
Meteorologist: Jeremy Wheeler
- Police: Teen left dog inside vehicle at Busch Gardens, struck officer
- Public hearings Wednesday and Thursday for HRBT expansion project input
- Exclusive: Man stabbed 8 times near Oceanfront, suspect claims self defense
- Dog rescued from 120-degree car at Norfolk outlet mall
- Teen killed in shooting on Herbert Collins Way in Norfolk; arrest made
- Person shot on Bagnall Road in Norfolk
- Nansemond Indian Nation to celebrate long-awaited federal recognition at 30th pow wow
Virginia Beach Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Norfolk Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Virginia Beach Copyright by WAVY - All rights reserved