RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Several members of the Washington Football Team’s coaching staff will sit out Tuesday’s game against the Eagles due to COVID-19 protocols.
In addition, the Washington Post reported on Tuesday that Taylor Heinicke and Kyle Allen were unable to test out of the team’s reserve/covid-19 list under the NFL’s protocols before the league’s 4 p.m. deadline.
Garrett Gilbert is expected to start as the team’s quarterback on Tuesday.
The team made the announcement via Twitter on Monday afternoon. They have four games left in their regular season, and will play the Eagles again on Jan. 2.
The coaches not attending Tuesday’s game are:
- Defensive Line Coach Sam Mills – Will be replaced by Assistant Defensive Line Coach Jeff Zgonina
- Wide Receivers Coach Drew Terrell – Will be replaced by Senior Offensive Assistant Jim Hostler
- Running Backs Coach Randy Jordan – Will be replaced by Assistant Running Backs Coach Jennifer King
- Defensive Backs Coach Chris Harris – Will be replaced by Assistant Defensive Backs Coach Richard Rodgers
- Assistant Defensive Backs/Nickel Coach Brent Vieselmeyer
- Defensive Quality Control Coach Vincent Rivera
- Defensive Coaching Intern Christian Garcia
The team also announced several roster changes Monday afternoon ahead of Tuesday’s 7 p.m. game after more than 20 players entered COVID protocols around the last week.