Around 5:30 a.m., Animal Control and Fish and Wildlife officials responded to the scene and were able to throw a net over the area where the mountain lion was and take it away from the scene.
The young mountain lion, which weighed about 50 pounds, was safely captured and will be assessed by Fish and Wildlife before being released back into the wild.
This is the second mountain lion sighting in San Francisco over the past couple days.
On Wednesday, a mountain lion was spotted in another neighborhood.
- York County responds to fire in apartment complex
- Police investigating shooting on Condor Street in Virginia Beach
- Man shot following dispute at large house party in Virginia Beach, police say
- Congresswoman Luria releases statement on Independence Day
- Missing Ocean View boater found safe with no injuries