NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – The Norfolk-based USNS Comfort ‘floating hospital’ is heading to New York City to give aid during the coronavirus outbreak. The Comfort would be used to treat patients with other medical needs and not those diagnosed with COVID-19, the Navy emphasized.
The Comfort, which has about 1,000 beds, is currently in port for routine maintenance, and had yet to officially receive deployment orders as of noon Wednesday, per Navy spokesperson LaShawn Sykes with Military Sealift Command.
- Soccer tournament honors Joseph Conner Williams Guido, York student who died in crash after homecoming
- State prison turns away Logan County inmates infected with COVID-19
- NC man pleads guilty to threatening to burn African American church in VB
- DOJ: Chesapeake City Jail inmate sentenced in bribery scheme
- NN Police: Missing 4-year-old found safe, suspect in custody