CUSTER STATE PARK, S.D. (KELO) — Officials at Custer State Park are reminding people to keep their distance after an incident with a bison left a woman unconscious.
It all started Wednesday evening when a woman got off a motorcycle and approached a bison calf, The Custer County Chronicle reports.
An adult bison charged her, catching her belt on its horn, then tossed her around violently.
Eventually her pants came off, and she fell to the ground.
The paper says she was flown to the hospital, but her injuries were not serious.
- Virginia Sept. 30 COVID-19 update: 755 new cases, 21 new deaths reported statewide
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate recap; DNA test reunites brothers
- Alabama man meets long-lost brother through DNA test
- AAMA shares importance of Hispanic Heritage Month
- Centerville Turnpike Bridge closed after getting stuck in open position, detours in place