Watch live on WAVY News 10 on Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2021
On air and online from 7 to 8 p.m.
Followed by an online special from 8 to 8:30 p.m.
The COVID-19 vaccine is being distributed across the state. You may be wondering, “When will I be able to vaccinate myself and my family?”
The Virginia Department of Health and medical experts from across the state will participate in a virtual town hall on Wednesday, Feb. 10 hosted by 8News anchor Juan Conde. It will be carried live on WAVY News 10 and WAVY.com from 7 p.m. until 8 p.m., followed by an extended online discussion until 8:30 p.m.
The panelists will provide answers to and direction on Virginia’s COVID-19 vaccine, distribution, myths and misinformation, registration response, guidance on health care, financial, educational and outreach resources.
FOLLOW THE CONVERSATION
MEET THE MEDICAL EXPERTS
Dr. Cecilia Barbosa, Chair of the Health Committee for the Virginia Latino Advisory Board
Dr. Cheryl Ivey Green, Vice Chair, Virginia African American Advisory Board
Dr. Cameron Webb, Senior Policy Advisor for COVID-19 Equity serving the Biden Administration
Dr. Robert Winn, Director of VCU Massey Cancer Center
Dr. Norman Oliver
Virginia State Health Commissioner
Dr. Danny Avula
Virginia’s COVID-19 Vaccine Coordinator
Dr. Laurie Archbald-Pannone
Geriatrics and Palliative Care UVA Health
Professor Cynthia Morrow
Director of the Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts
Latest Coronavirus News
- Doctors warn about slightly different symptoms with delta variant of COVID
- UNC immunologist says waiting for full FDA approval before getting COVID-19 vaccine is a bad excuse
- NC leaders urging vaccinations for public college students, but not pushing to mandate them
- Texas mom delivers baby after losing husband to COVID-19: ‘It was so bittersweet’
- Is asking about someone’s COVID vaccine status a HIPAA violation?
- Video shows man at New Mexico anti-mask protest point gun at passing driver
- ‘Beyond persuasion’: Most unvaccinated Americans likely won’t get shots, poll finds
- Experts and lawmakers sound the alarm for the unvaccinated to get the shot
- NC COVID-19 July 22 update: 1,998 new cases; positivity rate at 6.7%
- Virginia COVID-19 July 23 update: 750 new cases; hospitalizations on the rise