NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) – If you will be traveling across the James River Bridge in the overnight hours this weekend, be prepared for a possible stoppage.
Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) crews will be replacing a security stop gate on the Route 17 bridge.
The maintenance work will require a northbound single-lane closure on Saturday, May 2 from 12:30 a.m. until 6 a.m. and full stoppages between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m., which could last up to 45 minutes.
VDOT suggests using the I-664 Monitor-Merrimac Bridge-Tunnel as an alternate route.
- Norfolk City Council to hear pro-gun group’s proposal to prohibit local gun law changes
- VisitNorfolk receives $10,000 from Virginia Tourism program to promote small businesses
- Newport News to host One City Marathon virtually in 2021
- Virginia DMV offers eligible commercial drivers a chance to renew licenses online
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio