NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) – If you will be traveling across the James River Bridge in the overnight hours this weekend, be prepared for a possible stoppage.
Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) crews will be replacing a security stop gate on the Route 17 bridge.
The maintenance work will require a northbound single-lane closure on Saturday, May 2 from 12:30 a.m. until 6 a.m. and full stoppages between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m., which could last up to 45 minutes.
VDOT suggests using the I-664 Monitor-Merrimac Bridge-Tunnel as an alternate route.
- Petition launched calling for Chesapeake School Board member’s removal following recent Facebook posts
- Police: BLM 757 organizers to be charged in connection with Friday protest
- Dead loggerhead turtle found on Kill Devil Hills beach
- VB Police: Man dies after auto-pedestrian crash near 69th Street
- Lawmakers work to extend unemployment benefits set to expire in July