HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — A vehicle fire shut down all eastbound lanes in Hampton at the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel.
Motorists can expect major delays due to congestion, VDOT tweeted. There was a two-mile delay as of 6 p.m.
State dispatchers said the fire happened before the bridge-tunnel. The call came in reporting the fire at 5:40 p.m. It was cleared by 6:08 p.m., according to VDOT.
No injuries were reported.
There was also a four-mile delay going westbound at the HRBT in Norfolk as of 6 p.m.
- VDH Officials doubling down on message to stay home during holiday season
- Every Phrase has a Melody – Singer/Songwriter Chris Petersen on Jessop’s Journal
- Scene from ‘Elf’ comes to life as Buddy meets dad in Boston
- DCNR Cancels All Organized In-Person Events, Programs in State Parks, Forests due to rising COVID-19 Cases
- Federal judge orders DHS to restore DACA, open new applications