SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A vehicle crash closed all northbound lanes of the Monitor Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel Monday night in Suffolk.
Virginia State Police said a single SUV pulling a trailer lost control in the tunnel. The trailer jackknifed and blocked the lanes.
The lanes reopened by 9:30 p.m. after traffic was being detoured onto Route 17 north on exit 9A in Suffolk for at least two hours, VDOT officials said.
Virginia State Police dispatchers said the call reporting the crash came in at 6:37 p.m. Monday.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Gov. Cooper’s latest mask mandate has ‘a lot of teeth’ to it, attorney says
- Years-long nurse shortage in North Carolina exacerbated by pandemic, officials say
- Winning poodle ‘Kam’ at dog show named after Norfolk’s Kam Chancellor
- No COVID-19 update for North Carolina on Thanksgiving
- Michael Jordan donates $2 million from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America