SURRY COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia State Police say one person is dead and another has life-threatening injuries following a crash in Surry County Friday afternoon.
Police responded to the intersection of Beechland Road and White Marsh Road around 4 p.m. Friday for a vehicle crash.
They arrived and found one driver dead and another suffering from life-threatening injuries.
Preliminary investigation shows a 2003 Honda Accord, driven by Glenn Miller, failed to yield to the right of way at the intersection and hit a 2013 GMC Sierra pickup truck.
The truck’s driver, 81-year-old Robert Lee White, was not wearing his seat belt and died upon impact.
The driver of the Honda was also not wearing his seat belt and sustained life-threatening injuries. He was flown by med-vac to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
Troopers are working to notify family members and finish the investigation.
The crash closed White Marsh Road as troopers worked the crash.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Psaki vows to bring ‘transparency and truth’ to press briefings
- Car crashes into apartment complex in Hampton Wednesday
- DHS: Biden administration will pause some US deportations for 100 days
- Mariners’ Museum and Park hosts Black History Month series
- How to score a McDonald’s cheeseburger for 25 cents Thursday