NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Injuries have been reported after a tractor-trailer overturned Friday morning on eastbound I-64 in Newport News.
State Police say the crash happened around 8:15 a.m. around mile marker 250.7, near Fort Eustis Boulevard when a loaded box truck lost control and ran off the roadway.
The truck then hit the guard rail and the hurricane gate until it finally came to rest on its side.
The driver was taken to Riverside Hospital with injuries not considered as life-threatening.
As of noon on Friday, the exit ramp remained shut down for clean up.
Police are still investigating and no other details are available at this time.
This is a breaking article. Check back for updates.
- Today’s Takeout: Sal’s Ristorante Italiano
- Celebrating the Class of 2020 – June 4
- Watch Live: Memorial service for George Floyd to be held in Minneapolis, Thursday 2 p.m.
- Suspect identified in 2007 disappearance of 3-year-old Madeleine McCann
- More than 10,000 people have been arrested in protests