HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) — In preparation for possible unfavorable weather, the Virginia Department of Transportation is set to test the tide gates at the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel Sunday.
On December 6, drivers using the HRBT between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. should plan for “hour-long delays” for both east and westbound travelers.
Crews will first test the HRBT eastbound gates around 2 a.m. and then test the westbound gates at 3 a.m.
Here’s the schedule:
- From 2 a.m. to 3 a.m. – all eastbound traffic stopped
- From 3 a.m. to 4 a.m. – all westbound traffic stopped
To avoid delays, drivers are encouraged to use the I-664 Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel as an alternate route.
Stay with WAVY.com for more traffic updates.
- Hampton man arrested after shooting on Blackwater Lane
- Live: What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?
- Virginia Jan. 15 COVID-19 update: 4,795 new cases, 30 new deaths; Virginia adds more people to 1b vaccinations
- Ball security at the top of the list for Bills offense vs. Ravens
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say