SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — The City of Suffolk expects a temporary road closure on Wilroy Road to lift Nov. 25.
Part of the road has been closed in both directions south of Route 58 from River Creek Drive to Lassiter Lane since July 20.
The work demolished the existing deficient culvert and built a new bridge on Wilroy Road. As of Friday, Noc. 20, city crews were working to wrap up some items needed to reopen the road.
“Construction has been extremely complex due to wetlands in the area and an existing above-ground water main and sewer main,” the city wrote in a news release.
Periodic lane closures and delays will still happen for several weeks after the road reopens to traffic this month, the city said.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Garbage truck catches on fire in Norfolk
- Thunderstorms tonight; maybe a wintry mix for Virginia Monday
- Texas school district removes football team from playoffs after player attacks referee
- Norfolk firefighters respond to fire on Lamont Street, 1 taken to hospital
- On ‘Dateline’ a woman is mysteriously shot to death in bed while her family is home