COURTLAND, Va. (WAVY) — Part of Route 658 in Southampton County will be closed for about a week for road work.
VDOT announced Tuesday afternoon that the road had closed between Route 675 (Greenhead Road) and Route 673 (Grays Shop Road) to replace a cross pipe.
A detour is in place and motorists should us Route 35 (Meherrin Road) and Route 671 (General Thomas Highway) to avoid the road closure.
Work will take about a week, weather permitting, VDOT said.
- Trump supporters attempt world record boat parade near Clearwater Beach
- Virginia August 15 COVID-19 updates: More than 900 cases reported statewide with 11 new deaths
- BLOG: Heavy rain, flash flooding possible this weekend
- Peninsula SPCA asking for pet calendar photo submissions during Clear the Shelters
- ‘So far everything has worked out smoothly’: Students say of COVID-19 college move in