VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia Beach Fire officials said a multiple-vehicle crash injured three adults and one child Monday afternoon.
Dispatchers said the crash happened around 4 p.m. in the 5000 block of Ferrell Parkway.
Fire-rescue units were dispatched to the multiple-vehicle crash with possible entrapment. The first unit arrived on the scene to find that it didn’t involve an entrapment but asked additional units to continue responding due to the number of people involved in the crash.
Three adults and a child were taken to a local hospital with injuries. Fire officials said the extent of their injuries was unknown as of 6 p.m.
Eastbound lanes of the road were closed for several hours. The had all reopened by 8:45 p.m.
The crash investigation team was called to the scene to help investigate, a police spokeswoman said.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Virginia lawmakers approve bill giving citizen review boards power to discipline police; measure headed to governor’s desk
- Warner and Kaine announce more than $600,000 in funding to support The Up Center in Norfolk
- Virginia health centers collaborate to expand access to cancer clinical trials in coastal Virginia
- Police reform bills head to Northam’s desk as unprecedented special session nears end
- Lagging behind: rural broadband expansion promises faster speeds for downstate schools, hospitals