HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Virginia State Police say minor injuries were reported after a crash that closed the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel on Thursday morning.
The crash happened just after 7 a.m. and closed the westbound lanes, leading to a roughly 6.5 mile backup to the I-564 split.
VDOT announced at 7:30 a.m. all lanes had reopened, but 6.5 miles of congestion remained.
No other details on the crash are available at this time.
- DOJ announces national police training center to help reduce excessive force
- Pink’s husband shares why he’s teaching his 3- and 9-year-old children to handle firearms
- How states are planning for coronavirus vaccine distribution
- Despite early voting, state law could see Election Day results delayed
- 46-year-old man charged with stabbing 2 teens outside Chesterfield middle school