ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — A man died and two others were taken to the hospital Thursday night after a pickup heading onto Route 13 near New Church was struck by a tractor-trailer.
Virginia State Police say the pickup didn’t stop at a stop sign at the intersection of Davis Road and Route 13, and was struck the tractor-trailer, which was heading northbound.
The pickup was pushed on its side, ejecting the front seat passenger, who was pronounced dead at the scene. He was identified as John B. Shertenlieb III, of Sanford.
The driver of the pickup, Saxis resident Ethan Hart, was taken to Peninsula Regional Medical Center in Salisbury, along with the driver of the tractor-trailer.
The crash remains under investigation, and police say it’s not clear if alcohol was a contributing factor.
Stay with WAVY.com for more updates.
- Despite ownership questions, Portsmouth councilman proposes moving forward with Confederate monument relocation
- Crewe, VA mayor withdraws request to take Richmond’s Confederate monuments
- ‘These officers were out protecting’: More than $33,000 raised for RPD cops injured in shootout
- Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation announces new COVID-19 operations update
- 8-year-old North Carolina girl dies after battling COVID-19