ACCOMACK COUNTY, Va. (WAVY) — A man died and two others were taken to the hospital Thursday night after a pickup heading onto Route 13 near New Church was struck by a tractor-trailer.
Virginia State Police say the pickup didn’t stop at a stop sign at the intersection of Davis Road and Route 13, and was struck the tractor-trailer, which was heading northbound.
The pickup was pushed on its side, ejecting the front seat passenger, who was pronounced dead at the scene. He was identified as John B. Shertenlieb III, of Sanford.
The driver of the pickup, Saxis resident Ethan Hart, was taken to Peninsula Regional Medical Center in Salisbury, along with the driver of the tractor-trailer.
The crash remains under investigation, and police say it’s not clear if alcohol was a contributing factor.
Stay with WAVY.com for more updates.
- What the Trump children might do after the White House
- Will the Capitol rioters receive a pardon from President Trump?
- Costella Williams selected to serve on Portsmouth School Board in interim position
- Hampton University alums play key roles in Inauguration Day
- From Scranton to Pennsylvania Avenue: Joe Biden’s story