NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A shooting on Interstate 264 at the Berkley Bridge injured a male Friday afternoon.
Police say the male’s injuries are not life-threatening.
Virginia State Police dispatchers said the call reporting the incident, which VDOT says is a “disabled vehicle,” came in around 3:50 p.m.
A state police spokeswoman says a car traveling with passengers was shot at.
The car then got off the interstate to seek medical attention.
Suspect information is unknown as far as the make and model of the car, police said.
Video from WAVY’s Chopper 10 shows a blue SUV along the edge of the road with a flat tire and possible damage on the side.
The shooting also shut down all westbound traffic lanes and left a backup that was, at one point, two miles long.
All lanes reopened by 7:30 p.m.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- Officials: Possible rabid fox found in Cheshire Forest
- Inaugural Suffolk Pride celebration hopes to unite community, raise funds for local LGBTQ center
- Chesapeake and VB named to 2021 Best- Run Cities in America list
- Myrtle Beach, SC advertising agency spreads word about missing Summer Wells with 20 billboards
- World-record ‘beast’ of a paddlefish caught at Oklahoma lake