NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — A shooting on Interstate 264 at the Berkley Bridge injured a male Friday afternoon.
Police say the male’s injuries are not life-threatening.
Virginia State Police dispatchers said the call reporting the incident, which VDOT says is a “disabled vehicle,” came in around 3:50 p.m.
A state police spokeswoman says a car traveling with passengers was shot at.
The car then got off the interstate to seek medical attention.
Suspect information is unknown as far as the make and model of the car, police said.
Video from WAVY’s Chopper 10 shows a blue SUV along the edge of the road with a flat tire and possible damage on the side.
The shooting also shut down all westbound traffic lanes and left a backup that was, at one point, two miles long.
All lanes reopened by 7:30 p.m.
Stay with WAVY.com for updates.
- West Virginia soldier’s surprise return brings his family to tears
- Drug addicts are being enticed to commit murder for $150, Chihuahua AG says
- Ironman triathlete urges fellow COVID-19 survivors to donate life-saving plasma
- North Myrtle Beach sea turtle patrol finds more than 100 dead hatchlings after hurricane
- Instructor charged with repeatedly raping 8-year-old at Tennessee summer camp