HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Beginning Thursday, eastbound traffic will be reduced to one lane in the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel due to expansion work.
The closure will start on May 28, at 9 p.m. and last until about 5 a.m. on Friday, and is to allow the safe entrance and exit for concrete trucks delivering to South Island.
After making deliveries, the trucks will leave the island on the Norfolk side in the eastbound direction in the restricted lane and ease back into the traffic flow.
- Poolside Miracle: Parents share ‘miraculous’ revival after son’s near-drowning
- Virginia July 16 COVID-19 update: 904 new cases reported as Va. passes 2,000 deaths; Norfolk sets another 1-day case record
- Immerse yourself in the great outdoors with Danbury’s state parks, waterfalls, river rapids, hiking trails
- LIVE: Safety concerns persist as IOC says Olympics without fans ‘something we don’t want’
- Florida workers surprise 4-year-old girl with garbage truck birthday parade