HAMPTON, Va. (WAVY) — Beginning Thursday, eastbound traffic will be reduced to one lane in the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel due to expansion work.
The closure will start on May 28, at 9 p.m. and last until about 5 a.m. on Friday, and is to allow the safe entrance and exit for concrete trucks delivering to South Island.
After making deliveries, the trucks will leave the island on the Norfolk side in the eastbound direction in the restricted lane and ease back into the traffic flow.
- Man dead following triple shooting on Timothy Ave. in Norfolk
- North Carolina man sentenced to 30 months behind bars for stealing and cashing checks from mailboxes in Richmond
- Virginia lawmakers reach agreement on marijuana legalization bill
- NC COVID-19 Feb. 27 update: 2,643 new COVID-19 cases reported, numbers continue to decline
- Virginia Feb. 27 COVID-19 update: 185 new deaths reported, positivity rate down to 7.4%, over 600K fully vaccinated