It was a good day for the commonwealth. Three players with ties to Virginia and Hampton Roads made big plays for their respective teams.
Travis Fulgham, who’s become one of the surprise storylines in the league this season, made his third touchdown grab in as many games.
After being activated off the Philadelphia Eagles’ practice squad three weeks ago, the former Old Dominion wide out made a fourth-quarter, go-ahead touchdown catch against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday Night Football, caught a touchdown pass last week against the Pittsburgh Steelers, and followed that up with a scoring grab on a fourth-down heave from Carson Wentz.
Another former ODU standout, Zach Pasal, hauled in his second touchdown catch of the season. The Monarchs’ all-time leading receiver snagged a score from Philip Rivers in a 31-27 Colts win over the Cincinnati Bengals.
From Norfolk to Williamsburg, a former William & Mary standout made the game-sealing play for the Chicago Bears against the Carolina Panthers. Deandre Houston-Carson intercepted a Teddy Bridgewater pass to lock up the Bears’ fifth win of the year.
- Helping student athletes find mental wellness during the pandemic
- Early voting in Elizabeth City continues with Election Day around the corner
- Edenton Police asking for public’s help with information on 2 separate gun-related incidents
- PHOTOS: Norfolk’s drive-thru trunk-or-treat a spooky success
- Dak Prescott signed a football for a sick Texas teen, now she’s returning the ‘faith’