BLACKSBURG, Va. (AP) – Hendon Hooker ran for a career-high 164 yards and three touchdowns and threw for a score in No. 23 Virginia Tech’s 40-14 victory over Boston College on Saturday night.
Khalil Herbert added 143 yards rushing for the Hokies.
Virginia Tech improved to 3-1 overall and in the Atlantic Coast Conference.
The Hokies chalked up 350 yards on the ground while bouncing back from a road loss to North Carolina.
The Eagles are 3-2 overall and 2-2 in the ACC.
- Virginia lawmakers approve bill giving citizen review boards power to discipline police; measure headed to governor’s desk
- Warner and Kaine announce more than $600,000 in funding to support The Up Center in Norfolk
- Virginia health centers collaborate to expand access to cancer clinical trials in coastal Virginia
- Police reform bills head to Northam’s desk as unprecedented special session nears end
- Lagging behind: rural broadband expansion promises faster speeds for downstate schools, hospitals