It was a good day for the commonwealth. Three players with ties to Virginia and Hampton Roads made big plays for their respective teams.
Travis Fulgham, who’s become one of the surprise storylines in the league this season, made his third touchdown grab in as many games.
After being activated off the Philadelphia Eagles’ practice squad three weeks ago, the former Old Dominion wide out made a fourth-quarter, go-ahead touchdown catch against the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday Night Football, caught a touchdown pass last week against the Pittsburgh Steelers, and followed that up with a scoring grab on a fourth-down heave from Carson Wentz.
Another former ODU standout, Zach Pasal, hauled in his second touchdown catch of the season. The Monarchs’ all-time leading receiver snagged a score from Philip Rivers in a 31-27 Colts win over the Cincinnati Bengals.
From Norfolk to Williamsburg, a former William & Mary standout made the game-sealing play for the Chicago Bears against the Carolina Panthers. Deandre Houston-Carson intercepted a Teddy Bridgewater pass to lock up the Bears’ fifth win of the year.
- LIVE Brian Laundrie manhunt: Search picks up at Carlton Reserve after FBI issues arrest warrant for Gabby Petito’s fiancé
- ‘Dateline’ Season 30 premiere examines Kentucky triple murder that divides small town
- Newsfeed Now: Federal warrant issued for Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito case; DC shutdown looms as lawmakers at odds over budget
- State Fair of Virginia starts Friday, with racing pigs and the Baha Men
- Passenger on JetBlue flight tried to storm cockpit, choke flight attendant with necktie, FBI says