NORFOLK (WAVY) – Ricky Rahne received a late Christmas gift on Saturday. Norfolk’s Darriel Mack Jr., a 6-foot-3, 230-pound quarterback, announced on twitter he intends to transfer from the University of Central Florida to Old Dominion.
Mack, a graduate of Norview High School, played in 17 games for the Knights, and threw for 838 yards and seven touchdowns over his first two seasons. He also proved to be dangerous on the ground, rushing for nine touchdowns over that same span.
The dual-threat quarterback took over as UCF’s starter at the end of the 2019 season, and was set to enter Fall camp as a favorite to reclaim that role until a broken ankle derailed those plans.
Mack could very well compete for the Monarchs’ starting spot. During his Signing Day press conference, Rahne said none of the quarterbacks on his roster separated themselves through Fall practices.
- See any parking or transportation issues you want to see improve at the Oceanfront? The city wants to hear from you
- Virginians are traveling to North Carolina for COVID-19 vaccinations, and they’re receiving them
- North Carolinians wait for unemployment benefits as state, feds implement new law
- With some of NC’s COVID numbers improving, now comes the wait for drops in lagging indicators
- 2 men dead after shooting, crash on Settlers Landing Road in Hampton