HAMPTON, Va. (AP) -- Dondre Griffin, making his first collegiate start, scored 19 points, making 5 of 6 3-pointers and Hampton defeated UNC Asheville 83-61 on Saturday
Jermaine Marrow added 16 points and a season-high 10 assists for the Pirates (7-8, 2-0 Big South). Akim Mitchell also scored 16 while Kalin Fisher and Lysander Bracey added 10 apiece.
Fisher also had five steals and seven assists, and Hampton had 19 assists on 29 made baskets. Hampton shot 52 percent from the floor, 29 of 56, and made 12 of 22 from behind the arc.
Hampton had 11 steals, and scored 22 points off 16 UNC Asheville turnovers.
UNC Asheville (2-15, 0-3), which has lost its last five, shot 33 percent overall, 20 of 60, and launched more than half its shots from beyond the arc, making 10 of 32.
DeVon Baker led the Bulldogs with 13 points, Coty Jude and Cress Worthy tossed in 10 each. The trio shot a combined 11-for-34.
Old Dominion wins on last second...
Guy, No. 4 Virginia stay perfect with...
- Weed legalization, decriminalization bills for Virginia die in committee
- Mother of special needs student sues VBCPS, educators, officials
- African arts museum and 26-story hotel could come to downtown Norfolk near Harbor Park
- Suffolk councilman denies accusations of sexual harassment
- Norfolk detectives searching for woman missing since Dec. 20
- Man shot and killed on Shell Road in Hampton
- Scott, top Dems introduce bill to gradually increase minimum wage to $15
Virginia Copyright by WAVY - All rights reserved