NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) - Progress is being made at the site of the new S.B. Ballard Stadium at Old Dominion University.
The stadium is really starting to take shape. Steve Ballard told WAVY Sports Director Bruce Rader the final piece of concrete is supposed to be put in place today.
The roofs are already installed and the press box, Ballard says, will be finished within the week.
They are ready to get started on the plumbing and electricity and hope to have the $65 million project complete for the ODU vs. Norfolk State opener on August 31.
Chopper 10 flew over the stadium. Watch the video in the player above.
- Southern Storm Watch: Preparing for upcoming severe weather starting Friday
- In a surprise move, Isle of Wight board kills juvenile justice center proposal
- Trying to get to Something in the Water? Here are transit and parking options
- BLOG: Strong Storms possible Friday night
- Green Beret died during parachute training exercise in Suffolk, officials say
- Historians push to preserve US service members' gravestones in Hampton Roads
- Report: Trump tried to seize control of Mueller probe