ATLANTA (AP) – Jeff Sims threw three touchdown passes and ran for 108 yards, setting career highs, and Georgia Tech beat turnover-plagued Duke 56-33 as each team returned from long layoffs caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
Georgia Tech ended a three-game losing streak.
Freshman Jahmyr Gibbs had touchdown runs of 61 and 26 yards in the first half before leaving with an apparent hamstring injury.
Thanks to Sims and Jordan Mason, who ran for 105 yards, Georgia Tech had 377 yards rushing even with Gibbs missing the second half.
Chase Brice threw two scoring passes but the Blue Devils had five turnovers, including four lost fumbles.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
- American Red Cross holding blood drive at Chartway Arena in Norfolk Tuesday
- Person sustains injuries following shooting incident on North Military Highway in Norfolk
- 29-year-old driver dies after vehicle crashes into utility pole in Newport News
- Oscar Smith, Maury roll through region title games and into state semifinals
- ‘A pillar and stalwart’: Oldest living American dies at 116