NORFOLK, Va. (WAVY) – Old Dominion University athletics released that Friday, July 24 is the new deadline to purchase football season tickets.
The announcement comes after university athletics has been forced to delay the renewal deadline multiple times in an effort to accommodate fans during the pandemic.
The 2020 season will open with ODU hosting ACC foe Wake Forest on Friday, September 4.
Kornblau Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium has seven home games slated for the Monarchs this year — including an October 24 tilt against Virginia.
Fans who do not want to renew seats for 2020 because of concerns attending games can retain the same location for the 2021 season. All account holders that purchased tickets in 2019 will have the option to retain their tickets for 2021.
In the event that the season is disrupted by COVID-19, fans will have multiple options including:
- Receiving credit to their account for 2021 football season tickets.
- Ticket credit amounts can be converted to a charitable donation to the ODAF to assist with student-athlete scholarships.
- Receive a full refund for all impacted games.
Old Dominion is taking guidelines from the state to determine seating capacity. There has been no determination at this time in regards to what that capacity will be.
ODAF members who want to use their 2020 benefits have to lock in their tickets by July 24.
- Philadelphia police shooting of Black man prompts protests; 30 officers injured and dozens of arrests made, police say
- Man arrested after serious hit-and-run in Elizabeth City
- Newport News man to serve 15 years for role in robbery that led to Hampton officer being shot
- Tracking the Tropics: Zeta weakens to tropical storm, expected to be a hurricane again on Tuesday
- Virginia Beach to plant 800 trees in flood prone Ashville Park neighborhood