Photos from Election Day
Long lines awaited some election-day voters.
I VOTED sticker slideshow
Photos from Early Voting
Millions of voters cast their ballots ahead of Election Day on November 3. Many are calling this an historic election, with record-breaking voter registration and early voting numbers.
This is Virginia’s first election allowing people to vote early in-person, or by mail, without a reason. The Board of Elections predicts half of all eligible voters will have voted by Election Day.
The last day for early, in-person voting was Saturday, Oct. 31 in both Virginia and North Carolina.
If you plan to vote my mail, ballots must be postmarked by Election Day.
Election Day Poll Hours
Virginia – Polls open at 6 a.m. and close at 7 p.m.
North Carolina – Polls open at 6:30 a.m. and close at 7:30 p.m.
As long as you are in line by the closing time, you will be able to vote.
If you are voting in-person either early or on Election Day, we’d love to see your photos from the polls. Please email us at this link and keep an eye out for them in this post and elsewhere in WAVY News 10’s coverage. Please include your name and the city and date.
Latest Your Local Election HQ Posts
- Kelly win in Arizona puts Dems 1 seat from Senate control
- En Punto: Los resultados de las elecciones locales en Virginia y la batalla por el poder del congreso
- Kiggans takes the reins of the Second District
- Paige looks to combat violence following Norfolk City Council win
- A “change” election for Virginia Beach: shifting dynamics on city council