VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) – The Virginia Beach Fire Department responded to the scene of a truck that went over the bridge of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel the morning of December 29.
The box truck was traveling in the northbound lanes when it hit a guardrail just before the second island around 8:30 a.m. Bystanders witnessed the truck go into the water.
Virginia Beach Fire, Virginia Beach Police and Virginia Beach EMS are working with the U.S. Coast Guard and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel Authority.
Below are images provided by officials and bystanders.
- ODU identifies COVID-19 outbreak at Gresham Main residence hall among 7 individuals
- What’s that in the sky? Launch from Wallops may leave colorful clouds above Hampton Roads region
- In The Kitchen: Bourbon And Burgers
- Prepare For a Career in Health Care
- Man struck by dump truck in hit-and-run in James City County; suspect later died by suicide, police say