HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) — Hundreds have gathered across Hampton Roads to protest the death of George Floyd — a handcuffed black man who pleaded “I can’t breathe” after a white police officer pressed his knee into his neck, later resulting in Floyd’s death.
Most of the local gatherings were peaceful, but Sunday night at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront, there was property damaged and police used tear gas on the crowd.
- Police: Man allegedly offers two females money for a sexual act; one was a juvenile
- Dominion Investment Group executive sentenced for $25M investment fraud
- NN Police: Suspect apprehended after discharging gun outside home
- Local Boy Scout troop’s equipment stolen twice in two weeks
- Williamsburg Police asking for help finding drivers that may have witnessed fatal crash