HAMPTON ROADS, Va. (WAVY) — Hundreds have gathered across Hampton Roads to protest the death of George Floyd — a handcuffed black man who pleaded “I can’t breathe” after a white police officer pressed his knee into his neck, later resulting in Floyd’s death.
Most of the local gatherings were peaceful, but Sunday night at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront, there was property damaged and police used tear gas on the crowd.
- Did the Facebook app force log you out, too?
- Mother of missing Gloucester woman waiting for answers after unidentified body found in swamp
- University of Richmond sees uptick in COVID-19 cases, reprimands students for partying
- From distributing meals to distributing vaccines, school nurses work to be ‘part of the solution’
- Virginia house bill would allow some to opt out of the COVID-19 vaccine