WATCH THE FULL REPLAY OF THE SECOND NORTH CAROLINA SENATE DEBATE IN THE PLAYER ABOVE.
The candidates tackled big topics, such as the vacant Supreme Court seat, COVID-19 relief and marijuana legalization.
Tillis supported pushing through with a new justice prior to the election, while Cunningham preferred waiting until after Americans cast their votes in November.
On the topic of COVID-19 relief both sparred over GOP- and Democrat-backed bills.
Tillis, when addressing marijuana, expressed support for researching its medical benefits but stopped short of supporting legalization. Cunningham said he felt marijuana should be removed from the federal controlled substances schedule.
The debate, hosted by CBS 17, pitted incumbent Tillis against former state Senator Cunningham.
While Tillis, a former speaker of the North Carolina House, is looking to secure a second term in Congress, Cunningham, a U.S. Army Reserve veteran, is hoping to flip the seat.
We hosted a panel of undecided voters during the September 22 debate and monitored their live reactions. You can watch that replay below:
Tillis-Cunningham Debate News
- Capitol Connection: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020
- Pritzker urges Republican delegation to publicly declare Biden the victor, support presidential transition
- Feds drop hammer on Madigan’s inner circle in ComEd bribery case
- President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris address the nation
- White House aides reportedly figuring out who will tell Trump if election is called for Biden, sources say