WATCH THE FULL REPLAY OF THE SECOND NORTH CAROLINA SENATE DEBATE IN THE PLAYER ABOVE.
The candidates tackled big topics, such as the vacant Supreme Court seat, COVID-19 relief and marijuana legalization.
Tillis supported pushing through with a new justice prior to the election, while Cunningham preferred waiting until after Americans cast their votes in November.
On the topic of COVID-19 relief both sparred over GOP- and Democrat-backed bills.
Tillis, when addressing marijuana, expressed support for researching its medical benefits but stopped short of supporting legalization. Cunningham said he felt marijuana should be removed from the federal controlled substances schedule.
The debate, hosted by CBS 17, pitted incumbent Tillis against former state Senator Cunningham.
While Tillis, a former speaker of the North Carolina House, is looking to secure a second term in Congress, Cunningham, a U.S. Army Reserve veteran, is hoping to flip the seat.
We hosted a panel of undecided voters during the September 22 debate and monitored their live reactions. You can watch that replay below:
Tillis-Cunningham Debate News
- Business groups push back against Pritzker’s plan to nix tax credits
- Capitol Connection: Sunday, February 21st, 2021
- Schimpf says Trump ‘had his day in court,’ and ‘did not win’ 2020 election
- Mendoza warns state lawmakers not to spend federal stimulus funds on new projects
- Pritzker pledges no new taxes in upcoming state budget