NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — Police say they have arrested a 34-year-old man after a woman was hurt in a shooting during an argument between three people.
Sean Davis, 34, of Newport News, was arrested and charged with malicious assault, two counts of maliciously shoot or throw missiles at a vehicle, shooting a firearms in a public place, two counts of use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and attempt to commit a non-capital felony.
According to police, a call came in at 12:53 a.m. for a shooting in the 300 block of Blair Ave. Police learned on scene that an adult woman was shot in the driver’s seat of vehicle after a confrontation between a man and two women.
The woman was rushed to the hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening. The passenger in the car was not hit or hurt.
Stay tuned to WAVY.com for updates.
- Oceanfront businesses forced to close some locations, rethink operations due to lack of help
- Dominion Energy’s $1M EnergyShare Expansion provides bill assistance options for small businesses and residents
- Congress members from Virginia urge USDA to ensure children can access meals amid COVID-19
- Man sought to have his child porn victim killed, prosecutors say
- Mother to appear in court Thursday for child endangerment charges following 2019 death of 3-year-old girl in Wythe County