SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Suffolk Public Schools is delaying the start of winter sports again due to rising coronavirus numbers.
A possible return for winter sports will be discussed at the Suffolk School Board’s next meeting on Thursday, January 14. Though a return to in-person learning won’t be decided until a later date, school officials say, with the next review of changes on Jan. 11.
Students in programs however will continue to attend school in-person one day a week on Wednesday.
The decision came the same day Virginia Beach City Public Schools announced they’d decided to move ahead with winter sports after “extensive research , discussion, and consideration.”
Tryouts in Virginia Beach will begin as soon as Wednesday, Jan. 6.
- New Army infantry vehicle set to be built at NC factory
- 1 killed in Saturday morning house fire in Ashland, Virginia
- VA gives veterans more time to make housing payments
- Virginia police officer killed Friday afternoon during traffic stop
- Stanford professor answers a modern quandary: Why is Zoom so exhausting?