BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — West Herr Automotive Group backed up a delivery truck to Buffalo City Hall on November 21 with 500 Thanksgiving turkeys to donate.
The City of Buffalo tells us the 500 turkeys are an addition to the nearly 4,000 turkeys already donated.
We’re told the Thanksgiving staple is being delivered to struggling families around Buffalo impacted by the pandemic.
Scott Bieler, West Herr President said, “Helping our neighbors is more important than ever this year.”
If you need a turkey this Thanksgiving, 500 will be given away at a drive-thru giveaway on November 23 at 1 p.m. at 1 Seneca Street downtown.
I hope this tremendous show of generosity encourages others to get involved and do something to positively impact others during the ongoing pandemic.Byron Brown, City of Buffalo Mayor
- Why do we eat this? Origin stories behind 3 notorious Thanksgiving sides
- Border Democrats vow to hold Biden accountable on his pledge to not build ‘another foot of wall’
- Interactive map: County-by-county COVID-19 Thanksgiving risk assessment — see where Hampton Roads stacks up
- NFL player Isaiah Crowell gives back to his hometown of Columbus, Georgia
- Newsfeed Now: Black Friday deals and more