VIRGINIA (WDVM) — Governor Ralph Northam says the Virginia Supreme Court has granted his request for a statewide eviction moratorium through September 7.
This means landlords will not be able to evict tenants for being unable to pay rent until that date, unless it’s further extended.
“As the ongoing Congressional stalemate leaves Virginians without federal housing protection, this is a critical step towards keeping families safely in their homes,” said Governor Northam.
This is a breaking story and will be updated.
MORE NEWS FROM WDVM
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate
- Multiple Apple services reported down
- Dolly Parton announces release date for Netflix Christmas movie
- COVID-19 delays trial for Chesapeake OB-GYN accused of doing unnecessary procedures
- Patrick Mahomes and fiancée Brittany Matthews announce they’re having a baby