RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Virginia War Memorial announced Tuesday that it will commemorate Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day with a special livestream program and documentary screening.
The movie, Virginians at War, is a historical documentary about Virginians who witnessed the surprise attack on Dec. 7, 1941. Before the film, Memorial Director Dr. Clay Mountcastle and Education Director Jim Triesler will speak to the historical context of the events that took place.
This event will be livestreamed on social media and is free to view, however, pre-registration is encouraged.
Because of coronavirus restrictions, there will be no live Pearl Harbor Day Remembrance Day ceremony held at the memorial this year.
The livestream will be from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Dec. 7.
You can find more information about the event and register online here.
- More than a dozen Capitol officers sick with COVID-19, report says
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- 3 South Texas congressmen ‘optimistic’ as Biden vows to tackle immigration
- VA House passes bill to keep some pandemic election changes; Republican leader casts doubt on results
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor