UPDATE: The sale was canceled after the ABC website experienced technical difficulties. Orders that did process will be honored.
RICHMOND, Va. (WAVY) — The Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority is holding its first-ever Summer Cyber Sale on Aug. 5 for customers to purchase alcohol amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The company said in a press release the sale will feature 20 percent off all online purchases of $100 or more.
Promotions will be available on Wednesday, Aug. 5 from midnight until 11:59 p.m.
All products available for online ordering will be eligible for the discount while supplies last.
Products that do not display an “Add to Cart” button are unavailable for online ordering, the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority said.
Customers can choose to pick up their orders in their local store or schedule a time for curbside pickup of their online order at least two hours after the order is placed.
370 of 389 ABC stores offer curbside pickup. Customers who wish for in-store pickup are required to wear a face mask or face covering inside the store.
Orders may be placed online and customers can browse a catalog of more than 3,000 products online at www.abc.virginia.gov/products.
- New Hampshire man wins contest with 1-ton pumpkin
- VBCPS to discuss possible reopening plans, pre-school though second grade could return next Tuesday
- Hispanic Heritage: Honoring indigenous culture through pyrography
- Committee launched encouraging voters vote ‘No’ to Norfolk casino
- Researchers complete survey of new shipwreck in the York River