RICHMOND, Va. (WAVY) — October marks Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation (VBCF) is hosting a series of free webinars to help educate and raise awareness on the subject.
The “More Than a Pink Ribbon” webinar series will be held live on Thursdays at 4 p.m. in October. The webinars will feature professions throughout Virginia across multiple topics of interest for patients, survivors, and their caregivers as well as overall community education.
- October 1: VBCF Video Premiere
- October 8: Medical Cannabis with Jenn Michelle Pedini of Virginia NORML
- October 15: The New American Plate: Eating for Better Health with Alliene Farley, Dietician with VCU Massey Integrative Health Center
- October 22: Sexuality and Breast Cancer with Dr. MeLanie Modrojos, AASECT Certified Sex Therapist at Sexual Health Consultants in Falls Church
- October 29: Treatment Updates in Metastatic Breast Cancer and Patient Resources with Dr. Emily Bellavance of the Virginia Cancer Institute and Casey Young, Outreach Manager for CancerLINC
To learn more and register online click here.
- Staff shortage forces Hampton to return smaller group of students to in-person learning next week
- Battling false information: Where to go for facts before Election Day
- CDC lifts ban on US cruises
- One ref’s decision cost a Missouri man $1 million in fantasy football competition
- What you may not know about (not so) secret presidential code names