RICHMOND, Va. (WAVY) — October marks Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation (VBCF) is hosting a series of free webinars to help educate and raise awareness on the subject.
The “More Than a Pink Ribbon” webinar series will be held live on Thursdays at 4 p.m. in October. The webinars will feature professions throughout Virginia across multiple topics of interest for patients, survivors, and their caregivers as well as overall community education.
- October 1: VBCF Video Premiere
- October 8: Medical Cannabis with Jenn Michelle Pedini of Virginia NORML
- October 15: The New American Plate: Eating for Better Health with Alliene Farley, Dietician with VCU Massey Integrative Health Center
- October 22: Sexuality and Breast Cancer with Dr. MeLanie Modrojos, AASECT Certified Sex Therapist at Sexual Health Consultants in Falls Church
- October 29: Treatment Updates in Metastatic Breast Cancer and Patient Resources with Dr. Emily Bellavance of the Virginia Cancer Institute and Casey Young, Outreach Manager for CancerLINC
To learn more and register online click here.
- Conservation group helps preserve historic Portsmouth land
- Promising solution on the horizon for sewer system problems for Moyock community
- “I still think it’s ridiculous;” Why do Norfolk State and ODU rarely meet?
- Florida Sen. Rick Scott promises uphill battle for Biden’s Cabinet picks
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries following Coliseum Dr. shooting in Hampton