RICHMOND, Va. (WAVY) — The Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association (VHHA) Foundation and Inova Health System are partnering to develop a new program that specializes in mental health support for healthcare professionals.
Development and implementation of the Care for Caregivers program is supported by a $180,000 grant awarded to the VHHA Foundation by the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS).
The program is designed to provide multiple services for Virginia health care workers in support of behavioral health needs including traumatic exposure, family strain, and those who are struggling with COVID-19 stressors.
The award is provided through a $2 million federal grant to the Commonwealth. The grant from the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is an emergency award to help address the impact of mental health and substance use disorders during COVID-19.
Read the release here.
- Maury, Lake Taylor, Churchland advance to region championship games
- Ride on: King’s Dominion is reopening on May 22
- ‘We won’t back down’: Hundreds of University of Richmond students and faculty protest building names, campus racism, and board rector
- Peaceful rally turns tense as protesters clash with police in Virginia Beach
- 2,400 vaccines administered at Hindu Temple of HR, J&J vaccines still a go after adverse reactions in NC