RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Richmond Flying Squirrels may be looking for a new major league partner.
The San Francisco Chronicle is reporting that the Richmond Flying Squirrels have been an affiliate of the San Francisco Giants since 2010.
But a report from the San Francisco Chronicle says that relationship could change.
With Minor League Baseball going through a shift, the Chronicle says the Squirrels and Augusta Greenjackets, the only two Giants affiliates east of Arizona, could be on the move.
The Chronicle’s story said Richmond and San Francisco “could part ways” and that the team was “poised to lose” Augusta.
The Flying Squirrels’ front office declined to comment when contacted on Tuesday.
The Squirrels have been affiliated with the Giants since 2010.
- SLIDESHOW: Bernie Sanders and his Inaugural mittens seen in Hampton Roads spots
- Trapped for 2 weeks, 11 workers rescued from China gold mine
- NC COVID-19 Jan. 24 update: 6,096 new cases reported statewide, 4th day of more than 100 deaths
- Meet Kamala, the dog with no nose rescued after inauguration
- Ted Cruz vs. Seth Rogen: Republican Texas senator and actor take shots over Twitter