RICHMOND, Va. (WAVY) — It’s been less than a month since Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam announced he and his wife tested positive for the coronavirus. Now, he’s had more bad luck.
Northam spokeswoman Alena Yarmosky confirmed to 10 On Your Side that the governor broke his hand while winterizing his boat over the weekend.
The Washington Post reported Wednesday that Northam was winterizing his skiff when the winch he was turning went backward and struck the back of his hand.
According to the report, the break is minor. On Tuesday, he got an X-ray at Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center in Richmond. His hand is in a splint.
- Wreaths Across America local group needs help with sponsors, donations
- Hunter falls out of tree stand in Newsoms, flown to trauma center for injuries
- Emergency SNAP benefits extended through December
- York County Schools shift to remote learning this week to prevent potential coronavirus spike
- Surry courts, clerk’s office to close Monday and Tuesday