RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Families qualifying for help from Virginia’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program will continue receiving emergency allotments in December. The benefits will become available on Dec. 16.
These extra allotments will only be given to eligible households who are not already receiving the maximum allotment as part of their regular monthly benefit. The emergency allotments will raise each household’s monthly allotment to the maximum allowable based on household size.
These benefits will be consistent with the allotments given since March. They will be automatically updated to recipients’ Electronics Benefits Transfer cards.
For the month of December, $42 million in emergency allotment benefits will be distributed among 245,263 households.
- Chase for the Championship | Virginia sends strong message to ACC
- Pandemic makes teacher shortages even worse
- President Biden ordering economic help as talks start on $1.9 trillion relief package
- Sensory skate night happening Monday at Virginia Beach rink
- Coronavirus guidelines now the rule at the White House