HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Three more residents of Canterbury Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center in Henrico County, a center that has already confirmed eight COVID-19 fatalities, died in the past 36 hours.
Dr. Danny Avula, the director of the Richmond and Henrico health districts, said two of those deaths are not COVID-19 related. He shared that the third resident had died but could not yet confirm whether the virus caused the death, pending test results.
According to Dr. Danny Avula, two new suspected cases of COVID-19 were confirmed today at Canterbury Rehabilitation and Healthcare.
In under two weeks, 19 residents and six healthcare workers at the center have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Court orders fees paid to attorneys, father of Donovon Lynch in ’21 deadly shooting case
- Colin Kaepernick pens letter to New York Jets asking to be signed to practice squad
- Culver’s bringing back beloved cheese curd-topped burger
- ‘This is special’: Norfolk Tides play in first playoff game since 2015
- Military funding in government shutdown crosshairs