CULPEPER COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) – Virginia State Police (VSP) is investigating a single-car crash that claimed the life of a 21-year-old and hospitalized three others.
According to a Sunday release, the crash happed Thursday, Dec. 31, 2020 at 11:25 p.m. along Mitchells Road (Route 652), half a mile east of Cedar Mountain Drive (Route 649) in Culpeper County.
Authorities say a 2006 Chevrolet Malibu was traveling east on Mitchells Rd. when it failed to maneuver a curve, ran off the left side of the roadway, and collided with a tree.
VSP says the driver, Jazmine C. Allen, of Culpeper, died at the scene of the crash as a result of her injuries.
The three passengers, a 22-year-old male, a 23-year-old female, and a 24-year-old female, suffered serious but non-life-threatening injuries in the crash and were transported to UVA Medical Center, according to a release.
Authorities say everyone in the car was wearing a seat belt.
The investigation, led by VSP Trooper C. Campbell, is ongoing.
- Gunman identified in Collierville Kroger shooting; victims now up to 15
- ‘I’m gonna die’: Kroger employee describes fleeing gunfire in Tennessee store
- LIVE Brian Laundrie manhunt: Search picks up at Carlton Reserve after FBI issues arrest warrant for Gabby Petito’s fiancé
- ‘Dateline’ Season 30 premiere examines Kentucky triple murder that divides small town
- Newsfeed Now: Federal warrant issued for Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito case; DC shutdown looms as lawmakers at odds over budget